Care & Cleaning of Reusable Sanitary Pads
Cloth pads are a great alternative for anyone who wants to have some options in their period product collection. Whether you’re not ready for tampons or just prefer to wear pads for a break from internal products, our bamboo reusable pads will keep you leak-free and cosy!
HOW TO USE REUSABLE SANITARY PADS:
- It is advised to please wash before first use
- Place the plain bamboo charcoal side up and the pattern side against your underwear.
- The wings wrap around the gusset of your underwear, and the buttons pop together to form a secure seal.
HINT: You can wear the pads for the amount of time as you would a normal disposable pad, so depending on your flow you’ll know how often you need to change.
You can hand or machine wash the pads
- Rinse your used pads as soon as you can in cold water
- You may wish to soak in cold water to prevent staining (hot water sets the stain), change the water to avoid unpleasant odour if you’re not washing it straight away
- Wash with natural soap, rinse and ring dry until the water runs clear.
- Or, if using washing machine stick to a 40’ cycle and avoid using heavy fabric conditioners – this can affect the absorbency of the material inside the pads.
- After they’ve been in a rinse, stretch each side of the pad to the opposite direction so it can revert back to its original shape.
- Air drying is recommended
HOW LONG WILL THE REUSABLE PADS LASTS?
If you take care of your pads, they’ll take care of you. On an average use, your pads can last in good condition for up to 4 years.
And that’s it! Easy peasy. Everything you need to know about our reusable period pads. One of the best eco-swaps there is. Reusable alternatives like these Washable Sanitary Panty Liners/pads are the smart switch you need to do that is not just better for Mother Earth, for your skin and for your wallet too. If you have enough you won’t need to buy anymore for 4 years. imagine the savings?
Give them a try today!